MBP 13 w/ ACD or MBP 15 i5 AG

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by danielveeee, May 26, 2010.

1. danielveeee macrumors regular

the title says it.
    im going to college next year, but will likely be using it in my room most of the time.
    and i also already have an ipad and an iphone. im not considering an iMac because ive tried using ipad pages and keynote and i just think its too much of a hassle.

and is ACD, MBP, ipad and iphone too much overkill? anybody have this setup?
    anybody that uses a 15 inch as just a desktop(no monitor), is it bad for your neck or uncomfortable

and i dont do any intense editing or anything

thanks

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If you don't need power, get the 13" as it's more portable

3. Puqq macrumors regular

You don't need all the fancy gadgets for good life experience :) Get a cheaper player (e.g. Sony) instead of iPod. For 1/2 the price you get even better user experience with smaller design.

Why do you need an iPad? Just because everyone has one, is not a good reason. You can use your MBP 13 to do nearly all the tasks with the same efficiency. And save $500

I would go for ACD + MBP 13. ACD is HUGE and awesome to view. MBP 13 is really powerful and still portable, when you need it to be.

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

He didn't say anything about an iPod.

Anyhow, I would say an MBP, iPad and iPhone is a bit overkill, but you can decide that for yourself. If you go 13 and want to save money, don't get the ACD, you can get a nice 24 inch monitor for about 1/3 of the price. If you really want the ACD, then go for it, it is a beautiful monitor. I would say go for the 13 though.