MBP 13' went to repair and came with the same question mark folder

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by catarin, Jan 9, 2015.

1. catarin macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a MBP 13' Mid 2012 and some weeks ago when I tried starting it a flashing question mark folder appeared and it remained for a few days until I called to the support assistance and they directed me to an authorized assistance center because the guarantee lasts till May 2015.

When I delivered the MBP they told me it could be that my disc was broken or the cable or even the chip. Some days later they contacted me saying it was the disc something about the needles and that a new one was coming and if I wanted my data back I would have to pay for it.

So I agreed to pay for the recovery of the data and got the MBP today, I was suprised that everything looked just the same as before, all of the apps even torrents downloading and wi-fi passwords but I don't know how that works when you ask to recover your data.

The problem is that half an hour after I was using it for the first time after picking it up it made a strange noise and the question mark folder was back. :eek:

Can anyone tell me if it is even possible that the new disc just got broken or they were not telling me the truth about the actual problem?

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

I think it's more like the SATA cable broke.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Coming back so soon from repair and having those issues, point to a something failing or not being repaired correctly. I don't think tis the disc as yjchua95 mentioned. Call them up and explain the situation, it sounds like another trip to the repair center.