MBP 13" wobbles.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RustyUK, Jul 13, 2009.

1. RustyUK macrumors newbie

My MBP 13" has a wobble- the LHS palm rest does not sit flush on the desk/table.

I spoke to AppleCare, and they said to take it to my "nearest" authorised service provider, but considering I don't drive, this is not the easiest option for me.

I am also unwilling to pay the postage costs associated with posting my MBP there and back, and also I don't trust the post!

If I ring AppleCare back, are they likely to be able to arrange something else for me? I think what I'm looking for is them to collect and deliver once fixed. Is this too much to expect under AppleCare?

Thanks for any comments

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. Snowbound macrumors regular

In my experience you can get apple to send you a postage paid box for you to ship it to them in. Then they'll ship it back to you. Talk to them on the phone and you should be able to arrange that. *I'm in the US, and your name is UK, so I'm not sure if that will make a difference.

4. bakerster macrumors regular

my 15mbp had the same issue, when sitting on the desk it would wobble.

make sure your computer has no dings or scratches, and clean the exterior with some windex before you take it in or send it to repairs, or they will say that it was accidental damage.

they almost didnt fix mine because there was a scratch on the bottom. well.. when your computer doesnt sit on the pads, obviously its going to hit the table/desk its sitting on and be scratched...

5. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

And take high-res PHOTOS with DATE STAMPS. Apple have been known to make ridiculous claims about accidental damage in order to avoid having to honor a claim against their warranty.

6. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

Yes. It's a warranty, not a personal butler.

7. akbc macrumors 6502

I'm sure if you speak to them nice enough, they'll arrange the best option for you. You can always just pay the postage, just make sure you get insurance on shipping so you don't blow your expensive machine :)

8. RustyUK thread starter macrumors newbie

Just as an update for anyone reading- I spoke to AppleCare again, and they arranged collection of my laptop. It went to a service provider, where it- from what I have been told- has had its case replaced.

It is due to be delivered back to me tomorrow.

Well done Apple:)

9. Snowbound macrumors regular

I felt compelled to reply to this...since what the OP was asking for is something that IS provided. Apparently is IS a personal butler; who knew?
    OP, glad it got fixed.