Mbp 13

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fleawannabe, Mar 6, 2012.

  1. fleawannabe, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012

    fleawannabe macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2011
    #1
    So I will most likely be selling my Late 2007 iMac this weekend and looking to get a MBP 13. This will be my everyday computer, it will be used to school, some emulators(nes,snes and n64), every day tasks, little photo editing and a logic(I'm not a professional just like to make my own stuff) I want the 13 because the 15 is too bulky for me to carry around campus all day. I have read that it is supposed to me revamp soon, maybe April, but what I have read is there will be no disc drive which is not a big deal to me, but it my not having an Ethernet port does not satisfy me at all. If I buy now I am debating on 128 SSD or the 500 HDD and either the i5 or i7, I know that the SSD is faster but that is just not very much space(my itunes is 90gbs) and I cant afford the next step up, that brings me to the topic of optibay drives, if I plan on doing that should I buy with the SSD then install the HDD into the optibay or vica versa? I have read that having the SSD in the optibay brings on sleep issues but I have heard having the HHD in the optibay is not very stable. I have also read that the new models might be cheaper on the SSD drives which may be another reason to wait.

    If i sell now and wait I will be out of a personal computer(I can use my sisters HP for school) until the new MBP come out which from my understanding is at least until April, or should I buy now.

    Any input is welcome

    Thanks in advance
     
  2. appleguy123 macrumors 604

    appleguy123

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2009
    Location:
    15 minutes in the future
    #2
    Buy now. A faster MBP likely wouldn't help you with basic work. And you said that you're weary about the lack of an ethernet port.
     
  3. fleawannabe thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2011
  4. manoj88 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2012
    #4
    Try MacMall .Its have the best offers. I have ordered a new MBP 13.

    Blowout sale will save your money. you will get Early 2011 model with core i7 to the price of Late 2011 model Core i5
     
  5. fleawannabe, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

    fleawannabe thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2011
    #5
    I'll look into that but I really like having applecare and I get a student discount at apple, and I did some more research it seems that the i7 is only 10% more powerful then the i5 and to stay away from apples ssd, so now I just have to decide to wait or not
     
  6. fleawannabe thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2011
    #6
    i have came to the conclusion the only reason for to wait is to see if they give the mbp 13 a quad core, im torn.:confused:
     

Share This Page