mbp 13in with 42" HDTV

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by eldaniel7, Feb 26, 2012.

1. eldaniel7, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012

eldaniel7 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I got a brand-new LCD 42" HDTV. I tried connecting it to a RC410 Samsung notebook to watch a couple 1080p movies only to find out that it freezes as the pc is not powerful enough to reproduce that quality in that size. (I'll try again with a fresh copy of windows)

I bought a late 2011 13'' basic macbook pro and I'm waiting for the HDMI cable to get here. Am I gonna get (way more) frustrated trying to reproduce a 1080p movie in my tv using the mbp? If so, is there a way to improve this with an external device or a 3rd party item?

thanks!

edit: is a late 2011 mbp

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. eldaniel7 thread starter macrumors newbie

The cheapest one, I didn't see any difference, macmall.com call center told me they were all the same and after seeing that apple charges $200 for 8gb ram when you can get 3rd party for $40 I decided to go with the cheapest one.

I got this one: http://eshop.macsales.com/item/NewerTech/CBLMDPHDMI/

Oopss..??

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

No, that one should work well. I would not anticipate any issues. It carries both audio and video which is the usual problem with cheap adapters.

EDIT: of course you still need an HDMI cable from the adapter to the TV.

B

5. eldaniel7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I know I need it. What I meant is: Is the macbook pro powerful enough to drive an 42" HDTV displaying 1080p movies flawlessly??

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

Pretty much every computer on the market right now is perfectly able to do so at the moment. So yes.