MBP 13inch Logic Board repair!??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jsymes7, Oct 10, 2009.

1. jsymes7 macrumors newbie

Hey all, So ive had my 13 inch mbp for about 2 months now. Last night my wife spilled wine on it. I took it into the mac store today, and was told that it needs a new logic board and that the board itself would be 1000 dollars plus labor. Please please tell me someone out there knows of a company i can ship the laptop to so they can repair the logic board at component level. I have applecare but this was said to be my mistake so they wont cover it. Thanks SO much for everyones help!- Josh

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

$1000 sounds reasonable. Logic Boards are very expensive. I've had 2 replaced within the last 6 months. A cost of $1600. But AppleCare covered it completely.

The worker told you AppleCare wont cover it?
    Whoever told you AppleCare wont cover it is a stupid pathetic f**k who doesn't know any better. Whoever it was, was trying to cheat you out of FREE REPAIR and FREE LABOR HOURS.

Under Terms and Conditions of AppleCare:
    "Apple will provide both parts and labor"

http://images.apple.com/legal/applecare/docs/AppleCare_Protect_Plan_NA_en.pdf

3. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Did you miss the part where the OP said his wife spilled wine on the MBP? AppleCare won't cover that and shouldn't.

4. lixuelai macrumors 6502a

Also for $1000 you might as well buy a new MBP. 13"

5. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Yeah actually I did because I was so shocked by hearing that the worker told him that it wouldn't be covered. Whoops.

Do you work for Apple? I mean yeah I know they won't cover for human mistakes but wouldn't people enjoy if they did? :rolleyes:

6. jsymes7 thread starter macrumors newbie

so again, does anyone know of a company who can repair the logic board? I also just spoke with apple and they said maybe try cooking the board in the oven at 130 degrees to dry out the board??? Im at a loss.. and broke.

7. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

You could try cleaning/drying it, you've nothing to loose!

You'd probably be best selling it as spares/repair on eBay and buying a new one. Surprising how much people will pay for broken stuff!