MBP 13inch recommendation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by leenij, Apr 13, 2015.

1. leenij macrumors newbie

Planning to buy the new MBP 13 inch. I'm pretty certain I'm gonna get the 2.9GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5 with 512 GB PCIe-based Flash Storage.

My question is if it's worth getting a additional 8g of RAM. I'm a designer and usually have multiple design softwares running at once.

Your answers will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

This question of "worth" comes up often, and the answer is always the same.

Do you NEED it to run your software? No.

Would it be NICE to have it? Yes.

Is it worth it? Well, that kinda depends what those $200 (or whatever cost) means to you. Your individual financial situation will have a significant impact on this question of "worth".

Around here, there's plenty of people who are the self appointed "saviors" of your hard earned money, and will tell you no, it is not "worth" it.

Others place greater value on having the fastest, most capable computer we can afford. To us, it is worth every single penny. The i7. The 3.1GHz. The 16GB of RAM. The 1TB of SSD. Apple made it an option. We want it. We can afford it. BAM. Worth. Every. Penny.

YMMV. Only you can decide whether it is "worth" it. Although by your choice of processor I am thinking you are not wanting to spend money you don't need to.

Well, you don't NEED the 16GB of RAM.

But it is sure very NICE to have it...

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Worth??

Who nows what you think is worth it.

wether you need it is another matter entirely...

See here and judge for yourself.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1756865&highlight=how+much+ram