MBP 14 Day-return ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lazarusbf, Jun 1, 2010.

1. lazarusbf macrumors member

lazarusbf

Hello
    I've had my new MBP ordered by a friend who lives in the USA and will hand it on to me soon here in Belgium.
    What i've asked him is to test the machine before getting it on the plane in case it has any default.
    Until now he hasn't noticed anything but:

1. what applications should he open/use to try the 'freeze' issue ?
    2. when does that 14days return start ? the very day we ordered it or the very day it got delivered at his home (ordered at the AppleStore) ?

thanks

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

1. Safari, iTunes, iPhoto.. All general apps though the freezing issue is likely software related. You have warranty in Belgium as well, even though it was bought in US

2. When it's delivered or when you walk out of the store, i.e. when it's yours

3. lazarusbf thread starter macrumors member

lazarusbf

Thanks.
    I also know about the international warranty but the 14 days will be over within 1 week, he received my MBP last monday. I guess he now has 6 days left to find a major default.
    Anyway if i experience freezes or whatever later when i get it here, i have to bring it back to an AS here and i'll have to wait until they get it fixed, that's it ?

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yeah, you can just bring it to the nearest Apple Store and they'll fix it

5. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I would only test what the battery life estimates are. If they are significantly worse than what other people post and check the screen for dead pixels or too low brightness.

6. lazarusbf thread starter macrumors member

lazarusbf

thanks for the advice.
    surely there's 10 threads about this issue, but can you tell how my friend can detect any battery default (apart from seeing the mbp only lasts for a couple of hours when used) ?