MBP 15 2010 - Uneven base

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sherryyar24, May 1, 2010.

1. sherryyar24 macrumors newbie

SPECS: MBP 15, i5(2.5ghz), High Res, AG, everything else is stock.

Ordered it online and 1st day noticed that it wobbled on a flat surface. Got an exchange and EXACT same issue:mad:. Online team just issued me a refund and didn't even offer exchange. They advised me to buy in store (in store doesn't have 2.5/Hig-Res/AG combo so far)... WFT!

Has anyone experienced wobbling issue with their new MBP?

thanks,
    -Shazam.

p.s. Exact issue is when MBP is closed then the top left corner wobbles and when opened, the bottom right corner wobbles.

2. andrew086 macrumors regular

same issue on same corners as you. going to get a replacement as well, hopefully it won't have the same issue... my old macbook was perfectly flat so it isn't my desk that's the issue.

3. xpovos macrumors 6502a

xpovos

This was all too common on the pre-unibody models but doesn't seem to be as much of an issue after the redesign. It's common on MacBook airs but that's easier to understand given how thin the casing is.

4. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Actually I think this problem is more common with the unibodys. The previous models were less rigid. They subtly flexed when on an uneven surface so as to be flush and prevent wobbling. The unibodys do not flex as much and so if either the surface or the laptop is uneven there will be some wobble.

I had this problem too. The replacement fixed the issue. Just make sure the surface you are testing it on is perfectly flat. My 'perfect' replacement will wobble on uneven surfaces, even slightly uneven ones.

5. tekmoe macrumors 68000

I had this problem on a PowerBook and a MacBook Pro. I took them back to the Apple store and got an exchange with no restocking fee. They will understand.