mbp 15" 2011, windows 7, help with minor issues

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by slieu92, Feb 25, 2012.

1. slieu92 macrumors regular

i have a 2011 mbp with two graphics cards. i installed windows 7 via bootcamp. i ran the bootcamp software that came in my snow leopard recovery disk for the drivers and such.

when i boot into windows 7, the keyboard backlight is always on full even though i turned it off on my last session on windows. the screen brightness is below the halfway point even though i turned it up on my last session on windows. why does this keep on happening and why is "control panel" so confusing. and finally, the most frustrating problem is on "devices" or something, it only shows my dedicated graphics card, and because of that my battery drains in 3 hours while working on ms office.

how can i fix these problems?

2. Sincci macrumors regular

The drivers that came with the Snow Leopard disk are pretty old nowadays, some of them aren't even fully compatible with 64bit Windows 7. The best thing you could do is to get OSX Lion (if you already haven't) and let it download the bootcamp 4.0 drivers for you by using the bootcamp assistant. Copy those drivers into a usb stick or something and quit the bootcamp assistant. After that you can just install those drivers in windows side and hopefully your issues will be fixed with the newer drivers.

3. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

The backlit keyboard unfortunately always has that issue even with the latest drivers. Maybe will get fixed eventually does not seem to be a high priority for apple.

Someone else suggested migrating up to the bootcamp 4 drivers and perhaps one could search the internet and find a relevant and reliable place ... at this point mountain lion will be out in mid summer and one might wait out an upgrade to a newer os that should have "somewhat" better drivers.