MBP 15,4" standard-res 1440 screen manufacturer?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ndlundberg, Apr 25, 2010.

1. ndlundberg macrumors newbie

Does anyone know the screen model/manufacturer of the new mbp 15,4 inch glossy 1440 screen?

The thing is that I recieved my new mbp with the high-res antiglare, and it was just awful, now I'm thinking about getting the glossy standard model, and I'd like to research the screen before I get it.

The reason why I choosed to retun my high res antiglare is that it had a red tone, the vertical viewing angle is WAY WORSE than my 2008 mbp antiglare, the screen was not centered (flush left with a 3mm black line to the right), and the resolution (1680) is simply too high for general use (but perfect for photography, graphic design etc).

I normally love anti-glare screens but this one is simply not good enough, even though it's a "high-res" one.

Please share your experience with the new 1440 standard-res glossy!

Would also appriciate if someone knew where to get the "old" core2duo with antiglare 1440 option, preferably on sale, since that's still a considerable machine for me!

Thanks, and please share your experiences!

BTW, if anyone's interested, the screen of the antiglare high-res I received was a samsung (didn't write down the model number before I shipped it back)

2. Bryann macrumors newbie

I chose the standard res glossy screen for 2 reasons.

First: I could get my new Mac faster than if i had to change it.

And second: I thought the high resolution was too high as well for normal use, the 1440x900 is perfect for me.

The screen is by far the one i have ever used, no pixel errors or yellow tint as many have been reporting.

But i have no clue about the manufacturer, is there any way to find out with out tearing the computer apart?