MBP 15... Applecare to upgrade to High Res display?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thewired1, Dec 9, 2011.

1. thewired1 macrumors member

SO... I bought a MBP on ebay. It's a 2.2ghz i7, 3 year applecare, tons of extras, good price, etc.. etc.. The seller listed "high resolution glossy display". I emailed and he confirmed it was the upgraded 1680x1050 display. It arrives today AND... it's the standard display. The seller already agreed to refund my money but I'm concerned about shipping it back (claims of damage in shipping ,etc).

Is there anyway to have apple (or applecare) upgrade the display at my cost. I know it's a long shot, I'm just looking for options.

FYI... I'm a designer so the display is a big deal to me!

2. happle macrumors 6502a

would cost like 700 to get a new screen i think. just return the thing and put insurance on the shipping.

3. Ccrew macrumors 68020

+1. Not worth the hassle.

4. visim91 macrumors 6502

You pack it right, it won't be an issue.

5. Acejam2k macrumors regular

Ship it back to the seller, and order a new MBP from Apple's site. eBay will protect you in this case, since the item you received was not as described. (in case the seller didn't agree to a refund)

6. thewired1 thread starter macrumors member

AND.... this is why I swore off ebay on big ticket items a while back. This is turning into a dispute with the seller. Unreasonable shipping demands, questionable attitude and unwillingness to settle. My biggest fear is the seller decides to claim I damaged it, packaged it wrong, etc... I was burned like this years ago on ebay.

Should have just stuck with craiglist! Ugh...