MBP 15" & Best Skins Ever - Heat Issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jwopitz, Jan 3, 2008.

1. jwopitz macrumors newbie

Hi Folks,

I recently decided that the Best Skins Ever Kit was the way to go for me in protecting my MBP. I am relatively happy with it and it does a good job of protecting the computer.

My concern is that the BSE is causing possible heating issues with the MBP. Has anyone encountered this? Maybe I am just paranoid as I had a PC laptop that ran super hot.

Does the MBP aluminum(?) casing act as a sort of heat dissipation conduit? Like a heat sink? Is that why it feels rather warm. Its not so hot I can't touch it, but I do notice its warmer than I remember it being when I first purchased the computer sans the BSE.

I also have an iSkin keyboard silicon cover and a marware palm rest. Could these also contribute to the heat?

Certainly the Apple store wouldn't sell these 3rd party products if they had cause for concern, no?

Thanks for any input.

2. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't worry that much. Apple's laptops are notorious for running pretty warm. My MB CPU usually runs around 120-130F when I'm using it normally.

3. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

it may run a few degrees warmer, but its nothign to worry about. I notice it while using my Techshell.

4. jwopitz thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply. I figured it would be okay, but seeing as there are hardly any visible heat dissipation vents aside from the one inside the pivot point for the screen, I didn't want to have any undue stress on the machine.

I use it for web application development and some 3D modeling so the CPU gets taxed pretty heavily.

Again, thanks for putting my mind at ease.