MBP 15 case problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Maury053, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Maury053 macrumors newbie

I've had my MBP 15 (refurbished) for about three months now. A couple days ago I tired to plug in a headset to the headphone jack and realized it wouldn't go in, further more i reazlied the reason why it wouldn't was because the bottom cover wasnt flushed with the rest of the frame and the actually jack and the whole on the case didn't match up, so on tuesday i went down to my apple store here in NY and spoke to a genuis which tried to take it apart and put it back together but was unsucessful. He told me basicly the entire computer had to be gutted and transfered to a new case. and it would take a couple days 5-7 days and they would call me when it come back in.

I know apple has a very good quality control and i wouldn've never though I would end up with a product that came like that from the factory. Any one else had a similar issue?

Also what are the odds they instead of transfering the case they send me a new computer (not that it makes a diffrence for me)?

2. Ach111es macrumors regular

They might, it often happens with more drastic issues like battery or logic board failure, rather than a small misalignment