Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drb6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2005
Boston, MA
I was in the apple store yesterday as part of my weekly visits to help make my decision between the MBP and the MB for my next purchase. Like always I was comparing screen quality between the two. Which has been the main reason for delaying my purchase these several weeks.

At first glance, the mbp screen still seemed grainy as usual. But I pulled up iMovie and started comparing some of the pictures. Specifically one picture of a boat in venice. The water quality and the reflection off of the boat were so much crisper and brighter on the MBP (glossy) than the MB (black).

I was soo excited about this. But I wanted to see if anyone has checked out the screens recently. Could apple have fixed it silently?

Or is it just my eyes playing tricks?

jimytheassassin

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I've been to a mac store recently, and hadn't noticed a real difference between the two. But you're right that the contrast and crispness is nice on the glossy MBP. I compared side by side with the matte version. It's a noticable difference in shades of gray and black. The only reservation I have is if I can remain comfortable with a glossy screen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.