MBP 15' hard case bags

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phylumook, Mar 2, 2011.

1. phylumook, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

phylumook macrumors newbie

I've recently purchased a MBP 15' and I've got the speck hard cover which fits very well but I'd still like something else before its thrown in my backpack everyday.

I'm looking for a fairly slim hard case bag, something you could probably drop and get away with it, also something under $100 would be great but please post links to anything above if you really believe its a good buy!

title: MBP*

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The booq Vyper is the best protection I've ever seen in a notebook sleeve. In my opinion, it offers far better protection than any neoprene case, the zippers never come into contact with your MBP, and it looks great!
    [​IMG]

3. simonjj macrumors newbie

simonjj

As above, i have one a Vyper for my 13" MBP - very robust storage.

4. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

Third the Vyper. I have one for my 13' MacBook Air.

5. MaxMike macrumors 6502

Does the Vyper fit even with a Speck SeeThru Satin on? I'm using an old Case Logic neoprene case but it isnt the right fit(loose on the front and back sides of my MBP.

6. evaporateddwarf macrumors regular

Two questions: How bulky is this thing? it seems to add a bit of girth to the mbp. Secondly, do I need a sleeve in addition to this, or do I plop my MBP right into this? I'm not keen on buying a beautiful computer and plucking it inside some plastic case, even if i get a couple dings along the way.

7. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

I was also wondering if you can fit the MBP with a speck case on into the booq case. Anyone know?

8. evaporateddwarf macrumors regular

I ended up getting the STM Turtle hardshell. I also got the moshi palm guard and keyboard cover, and then the radtech screensvrz (i HATE keyboard marks on screens, so even though the keys are recessed, the $15 was worth it). I hate to spend $85 on that kind of stuff, but I figure it's at least somewhat needed.