MBP 15" - HiDef Screen thoughts....

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
For those that have it, do you like it ?

Did you get glossy or matte ?

I am about to order and that is my final decision.

Also, under the 14 day return policy, can you return to the store or do you need to send it back via mail ?

TIA.

Flyer

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
1. I did not see it on the main page because I am on a regular def Mac ;)

2. I have seen older threads (My bad, I did miss the one on this page)

It is worth reposting older data because screen manufacturers change etc....

I have not seen much discussion on different screen manufacturers, dead pixels etc on the HiDef. If I missed it, my bad.... geesh.....

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Wow harsh crowd.....geesh.

OK, being picky.

That thread is a poll with Random discussion.

I do not see discussion of LG vs. Samsung for Screens or much other technical data. Seems more fluffy to me

ezramoore

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2006
Washington State
You didn't ask any questions in your initial post about LG vs. Samsung vs. others manufacturers. Whatever guy, you asked a question that had just been asked, I provided a link to the active discussion.

randomrazr

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2011
1. I did not see it on the main page because I am on a regular def Mac ;)

2. I have seen older threads (My bad, I did miss the one on this page)

It is worth reposting older data because screen manufacturers change etc....

I have not seen much discussion on different screen manufacturers, dead pixels etc on the HiDef. If I missed it, my bad.... geesh.....
their is virtually no difference between LG or samsung high res screen displays on the macbook. this option has been available for years, other threads would apply

udflyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
random,

Thanks for the reply.

The reason I was concerned on manufacturer is in the Macbook Air threads, there are people who have a strong preference on Panel manufacturer.

I had assumed that it would transfer to MBP.

I know from other threads, others have been claiming that Apple has been getting a little less quality driven as of late and I was hoping that was not the case with the MBP.

Thanks again.

bmwpowere36m3

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2007
Honestly go to a store and see for yourself... I was upgrading from a '07 15" MBP (matte) to a '11 MBP and wasn't sure if I wanted Hi-Res or not, but I was pretty set on getting Anti-Glare (matte).

Went to the store and compared all three side-by-side (Glossy, Hi-Res Glossy, Hi-Res AG). Hi-Res didn't bother me, I thought it might because it might be fine (i.e. small text). Glossy just bothered me with the reflections, so it was a simple choice (Hi-Res AG).

randomrazr

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2011
random,

Thanks for the reply.

The reason I was concerned on manufacturer is in the Macbook Air threads, there are people who have a strong preference on Panel manufacturer.

I had assumed that it would transfer to MBP.

I know from other threads, others have been claiming that Apple has been getting a little less quality driven as of late and I was hoping that was not the case with the MBP.

Thanks again.
there is no difference between the 2, nor u can pick which one

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Wow harsh crowd.....geesh.

OK, being picky.

That thread is a poll with Random discussion.

I do not see discussion of LG vs. Samsung for Screens or much other technical data. Seems more fluffy to me
LG and Samsung are basically the volume brands of quality display panels. They make the vast majority of what you would consider quality display panels. It is a complete non - issue here. It used to be that in the pva vs ips thing, LG's ips design tended to have fewer issues with gamma shift at wider viewing angles, which was important with larger displays. Today it's just a non issue.

thundersteele

macrumors 68030
Oct 19, 2011
Switzerland
Also, under the 14 day return policy, can you return to the store or do you need to send it back via mail ?
http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund

you can return it in the store, as long as it's the same country where you bought it I think.

Also, thanks for asking. I just found out that I can return my MBP until january 9. I doubt there will be a reason to do so, but it's nice to know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.