MBP 15" HR screen option.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hichisky, Nov 7, 2010.

  1. Hichisky macrumors member

    Nov 5, 2010
    I have been thinking about maybe getting a MBP 15" (base line) with the high resolution screen upgrade. I havn't bought it yet as I'm still trying to decide if it (the mac) is worth the ~2k. But in the mean time a question came to mind. Is the HR screen just as good as the standard (view range, color accuracy, etc) other than the fact it has higher pixel density?

  2. applepearpp macrumors regular

    Oct 19, 2010
    I'd say if you don't need it now wait until the next MBP refresh. but if you need it now buy it now because it's a good machine nevertheless.

    as for the screen, I'd tell you to go for the anti-glare matt option because, if you use your MBP with any light source in the back, glassry is a pain in the butt.
  3. Hichisky thread starter macrumors member

    Nov 5, 2010
    Hey, thanks for the response.

    I assume this is the update/refresh that no one really knows when it will be? I'll admit this is another reason I didn't jump on buying right yet. On the buyers guide the amount of days that it has been sense the update is equal to that of the average. Though I guess that don't mean too much for it updating this year? I hate that apple don't give any info on what will be updated and when. I could buy today and they release a new line tomorrow that introduces new features and better specs that make me sick, or I could buy today and they release a new line next spring that has new features/specs I could care less about lol. So frustrating haha.
  4. dusk007 macrumors 68040


    Dec 5, 2009
    I guess a pretty good guess is that there will be an update of the complete MBP line in March +/-1 month. That is very likely actually. An update this year is very very unlikely the only thing you might see or has already been done is a slight unnoticeable bump in CPU clock speeds.

    The HR AG screen is perfect. If you pay close to 2k for a machine there is IMO no question if you should get it. The new MBP very likely will have a higher res by default I am guessing but that is still 4-6 months in the future.

    The earliest possible launch of new MBP is in January but I doubt it.

Share This Page