MBP 15" i7 1 sec freeze when playing games?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DJ90, Apr 20, 2010.

1. DJ90 macrumors member

am i the only one? i just tried playing modern warfare, after playing it awhile, i get 1 sec freezes constantly after a few more minutes:(

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

3. DJ90 thread starter macrumors member

64c when not gaming. is that hot? could go up to as high as 76c when gaming

4. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Doesn't sound too hot. I'm assuming that's the CPU. Is there a temp readout for the GPU?

Also, is this in OS X or Windows?

5. Pax macrumors 6502a

76 C is not particularly hot. You shouldn't see the CPU stuttering until IIRC 105 C. 64 C at idle is on the warm side compared to earlier models.

How hot is the GPU getting?

I guess it could be any number of problems. Hardware fault. Graphics driver bug. OS X problem.

Could it be a bug in this fancy GPU switching which Apple has designed?

Can you replicate the freeze in anything else, eg any other game?

When the game freezes, does the whole computer freeze, or do other apps continue normally?

6. BaronStein macrumors regular

It might be caused by software too. Are you playing the game on Boot Camp? Is the game original(not cracked)? Is it a CXZ-Wine-Cider game?

7. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

Very important questions here. Cracked games run like crap, and Windows on a Mac isn't perfectly stable as it is. Update any drivers you can if you are running in bootcamp. Also, if using Windows, how large is your windows partition and which version are you using?

8. j038888 macrumors newbie

funny thing is i just got my macbook pro 15 inch and iam having the same problem. computer just stops for like 1 second only when playing games or watching videos for me. to me i think it something to do with the video card or drivers for it