Mbp 15 -> mba 13

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by BkkChris, Jul 31, 2011.

1. BkkChris macrumors newbie

Looking to replace my 2.8 C2D MBP15 with a new MBA 13.

I know the screen res is the same, but the smaller physical size has me worried for some reason. How do people find the screen on the MBA compared to the MBP?

Anyone done the same? Thoughts? I could wait to see what Apple does with the next MBP/A 15" but really the new MBA are plenty computer for me and the smaller size is a nice plus.

2. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

Can you go to the Apple Store and give it a spin? That's is the best way to see if you like it.

3. VMMan macrumors 6502a

The MBP screens are better in just about every way compared to MBAs.

Nevertheless, I think the MBA screen is great. It's only when I go back to my MBP 17" that I realize that there is a difference.

4. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I just did that, screen res is good. I changed from a 2007 santa rosa.

I also understand people pontificating the mbp screen is better.. it likely is. However compared to my old machine, this one is more color accurate, even as the 'weaker' of the displays apple now offers.

5. arul macrumors newbie

I moved from a 2.66 i7 MBP to the 13 Air and couldnt be happier. Granted I never really needed the MBP power except the occasional video work but I haven't tried it on an MBA so don't know if there's a huge difference there.

I originally got my wife the 2010 Ultimate 13" Air. Since I got that for her, I dont think I really used my MBP on weekends/after work. So when the new airs came out, I immediately took the plunge and got the 13 Ultimate too.

I don't miss the larger 15" screen at all. Not much (if at all) scrolling. It's easier to carry around the flat and the battery lasts way longer than the MBP. But like the poster above said, head down to a store and check it out for yourself.