MBP 15" (Mid-2009) Display Separating - Need Quick Fix

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by laughingperson5, Jun 13, 2014.

1. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

Afternoon all,

When I went to use my MBP 15" (Mid 09) this morning, I noticed a creaking sound when I opened it and realized the display is separating. After going through discussion boards, this problem appears to be pretty common for people with the same model as mine.

I had this problem happen to me back in 2011/2012, and it cost me $500-700 to replace the display at the Apple Store. I'd rather not pay that much to fix this since I'm probably going to get a new laptop for college this upcoming fall.

Did anyone else here have the same problem? If so, do you know of any quick fixes for this? (For ex: a type of glue that remedies the problem for a few months.) I know for a fact that this will progressively get worse, so hopefully I can get a quick, cheap fix for this.

2. themysterymach macrumors newbie

Hey! You know I have this same problem, and what i did was use binder clips on the sides. On each side so the stress is equalized. i have been doing that for months now. [​IMG]Really bad design on Apple's part but I have to say- this MBP is from 2007 and its still chugging along, even with a dent in the body and missing keys. I have a newer one but I keep trying to install Yosemite on it and its nothing but problems!!!!! Good luck. :)