MBP 15 or MBA13

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SchoolDaze, Apr 13, 2011.

1. SchoolDaze macrumors newbie

I'm having trouble deciding which one I want. The main thing I'm worried about is the clarity of volume as I'll be using it to stream media from hulu, netflix, ect. Is the speaker volume the same for both or is there a noticeable difference?

MacBook Air 13" refurbs are 1,099
    There are no speaker grills but I think there are two speakers and it comes through the keyboard? I keep reading conflicting material, does flash hw acceleration work?

MacBook Pro 15" recent refresh is nice only thing is it's more expensive and the AMD graphics don't work with flash yet.

2. iMackPro macrumors 6502

i can understand a 13 MBP vs 13 MBA but a 15 vs an air isn't really fair, theres WAY too much of difference in raw power. 15 is diffinately louder. Looking at what you're doing i can see that you're going to be doing what i do the most on my computer too and i can tell you that this is my first 15 but certainly not my last, i LOVE it. the 2 inches makes a huge difference when watching movies!!! and trust me you'll notice it. i got the HD 15 and not looking back.

really the 13 can compare to the 15 you're looking at in anyway, except for small things like Facebook and word. You wont see a difference in anywhere, the air might actually be faster due to flash memory im not sure. I say you go 15 and enjoy it!!

3. iMackPro macrumors 6502

one more thing, i will give the air BIG PROPS for the screen quality. the whites are excellent. best screen Ive ever seen in a notebook hands down, if only they would have that screen in proportion to the 15. they have a 15 inch screen in the 13 so why not a 17 in screen in a 15?!! in terms or pixels of course