MBP 15" Screen Deteriorating slowly

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Biscotti, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Biscotti macrumors regular

So, I own a MBP 15" Circa 2007, and lately I've been noticing that the screen is deteriorating more and more. About a month ago, when I started the computer up I saw a few "grey" spots on the screen, and when I tried to wipe them it turns out they were IN/UNDER the screen! Like some LCD's burned out...

So, fast forward to today, when I have a white background up (like a white webpage) I see a TON of these "grey spots", all over the screen. Anyone else experiencing these Grey spots in/under the screen??? On my old compaq laptop I didn't experience these types of things in the screen???

Also: I keep my screen at half brightness or less when I'm on battery and full when im on AC, but I don't use my computer any more or less then anyone else I don't think.

Anyone else experience these "grey" spots under the screen?

2. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

3. Patrick327 macrumors newbie

Yes, I have the same spots. They are only visible when there is a light color on them, like white or the light blue screen during boot-up. I think I have about 7 or 8 of them. I thought about taking it in, but I've already taken it in for another display issue and they replaced the entire display with this one. I figure I'll just end up having the same thing happen to a replacement, so I'm just going to live with it unless it gets really bad.

This is on a "classic" MacBook Pro from 2007 as well. Not the unibody.

4. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

I have a "classic" 15" MBP from October 2007. I use mine at about half brightness all the time. I just turned the brightness right up, and can't see any of these grey pixels - it all looks fine.

I know Apple use a variety of panels (some people were complaining about defective displays when I bought mine, w.r.t. banding issues - which mine never had either).

I don't know what your warranty rights are after the 1st year without Applecare if it is a manufacturing flaw. Worth checking out though as you're obviously quite aware of it.