Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gfbcfmb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2009
Hello everyone. I have been long reading macrumors, and I just registered because lately I've been having lots of problems with my MBP and hoped the experts here could help :) (I tried searching the forums and found nothing similar)

This is my case: I bought my MacbookPro two years ago, september 2007. In june 2009, as I didn't need the computer for some time and the warranty was about to expire (it's "two" years in the European Union, the second isn't covered by Apple, just by the physical store you buy the computer at) I thought I'd take the computer to be checked, because it had had two problems for some time: the Superdrive won't record dvds (it never did) and lately the left fan was very noisy when it turned faster.

It took a lot of time but they replaced the superdrive and the left fan. However after the replacement even though the fan is fine, the superdrive wouldn't still work with dvds, of which I don't care anymore because this is the big problem:

Since then, the screen sometimes gets crazy and does as in the video I link to: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2013171/mbp.avi

It all stops when you move the screen a little. Furthermore sometimes a vertical line appears like half an inch from the left border when moving the screen. It all appears randomly.

Until one day the screen started showing pink stripes and blinking light and the MBP had a kernel panic and gave me a error message when trying to turn it on. So I took it to repair and they thought it was the infamous 8600GT. However what they finally did was replace the logic board as the video card was ok. Well, when I got my laptop back after a long time it did the same things as before, as in the video and the vertical line.

I took it again to repair but they told me that they couldn't see the problem when they tested the laptop and changed nothing. So I have again a laptop that randomly gets a blurry screeen and I hope it doesn't become in a kernel panic again, I'm trying not to move it at all, so it's not a laptop anymore! Besides now I'm abroad and can't take it to repair again.

What do you think it could be?? Thanks in advance for any help!

gfbcfmb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2009
Any ideas?
I think it may have something to do with the video cable or the LCD connector... :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.