Mbp 15" standard res vs hi res?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GuyCullen, Nov 30, 2011.

1. GuyCullen macrumors newbie

GuyCullen

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hi I'm avil follower of macrumors and it's forum but this is my first post. I've had every version of iPhone and still have both versions of iPads. But looking to make the leap from my pc laptop to MacBook pro. I've pretty much picked my spec, but what I can't decide is; standard res vs glossy hi res?!
    My intentions of use for the mbp is music editing, web development, then just general use - web, mail, FaceTime etc... Any suggestions greatly welcome.

2. foxyfabio macrumors member

The High-Res is the way to go.

A drawback is that it can hurt your eyes in the long run, so if you already have strained eyes I would go with the standard res.

3. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

i just bought the high end with the high res (still waiting for delivery Apple!!) mainly because thats what i'm going to look at all day, and stuff like videos will be much better.

4. tahoeroscoe macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe

5. randomrazr macrumors 65816

why is this being asked? did u not bother to look this up that has been asks hundreds of times

6. thundersteele macrumors 68030

ideally you should go to an apple store and compare them side by side. Some people find that text appears too small on the high res screens.

Personally I have the high-res antiglare, and I would recommend it to everyone else.

7. Cordless_Drill macrumors regular

Cordless_Drill

Honestly, I liked both screens. I chose the glossy one because it was cheaper and I didn't think it was worth the extra money since my eyes aren't all that good anyway.

Glossy has worked out well for me.

Apple laptops are awesome any way you slice it!

8. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

I have the standard res screen on my 15" MBP and it looks great.