MBP 15" touch and low battery life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Maccotto, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Maccotto macrumors regular

I have 15" touch from 3 days and i saw a fast battery loss. (I had macbook retina 13" bought at june and he has more life battery).
    Ad Example yesterday, safari/chrome and downloaded some photo with lightroom, i lost 6-8% battery life in 30 minutes.

Is it a normal situation or i need change it?

2. leman macrumors 604

Losing 6% of battery in 30 minutes translates to 8 hours 20 min of total use. Seems very much in line with any other mac for me. Also, when you are working with lightroom, your dGPU is likely to kick in, which will of course take more power.

3. Maccotto thread starter macrumors regular

A question: if i change this with 460radeon, i will have a improvement about battery life?

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Not if your current MBP was running on the iGPU.

Apple seems to be struggling to fix the battery issue, and it appears to be software based, I recommend giving apple some time to fix it. The latest release appears to help out, but it may not completely resolve the battery problem.

Also, stop using Chrome, that's a horrible resource intensive app, you'll be better for with Safari.

5. Maccotto thread starter macrumors regular

The problrm are the passwords
    I have a lot of password with chrome and i dont know how transfert them to safari

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd start using 1Password, I'm not sure you can transfer them, but as you migrate the passwords into 1Password, life will begin to be easier and that app offers plugins for both Safari and Chrome.

7. Maccotto thread starter macrumors regular

I installed 1 password and is a good app but i think won't use a lot after the 30 days because he doesn't imported the old passwords but only the new.