MBP 15" Unibody Speck VS Incase Hardshell

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vividior, Apr 28, 2010.

1. vividior macrumors newbie

Hi all new here and need some suggestions on what to do I am VERY picky when it comes to what I am going to buy.I am a virgo so that could be why or I have OCD.

I bought a new MBP last week.It is still sitting in its box.I am on my old ibook g4 with half a broken screen as I don't want to scratch my new MBP:apple:.I am a poor collage student that wants to take good care of my big purchase.It was the laptop or a used car and I went with the laptop as my g4 got hurt.Biggest purchase I have made EVER.My g4 was fine and very well cared for but I have diabetes and passed out and fell on the ibook :eek::(

I was very jazzed about buying a hardshell to protect my computer.Then seen Apple.com had some nasty reviews about both the incase & speck.So I thought crap what should I do.

Incase I have read that computer only stays at one angle?That it dose not close all the way or makes a popping sound when it rubs the back.I am sure some could be due to not installing it right.Someone even said they could not get off and apple took it off and the top part of the computer broke:confused:

I didn't see to much on Speck but did read on this forum more people prefer incase?I figure you all know what you are talking about when it comes to what is good bad for the mac items so kinda registered to get some Ideas on what to get.

I want the best quality made one.I found a leather macally that was cool but had no vents on bottom so that is out of the question.

Has any of your computers been scratched up by taking them off or on?Is it hard to take them off and on?Do you clean under them weekly,monthly?

Would you be going with the speck or incase and why?

Thank You so much will keep a eye on this post to see what you all half to say ;)

2. phame macrumors newbie

Hey bro...Im a virgo too haha been torn about which to get too..

But I think we only have 1 OPTION the Speck...

As it seems the InCase one is SOLD OUT everywhere...I have tried the goincase.com website, applestore, ebay, froogle.com search, amazon, bestbuy and NO on has the 15" Black Incase in stock..And they all say will re-stock in 4-6 weeks...

Ive heard that the incase ones dont work well with the new power adapter that the new MBP's have. Maybe they are working on a new one and thats why they are all out of stock>!>???

3. Audrey313 macrumors member

Vividior,

What did you end up doing? I am too in the exact same boat....

4. jim9112 macrumors newbie

I have the speck case on my 13" MBP. It fits great easy on and off. you do have to take care cause the tabs that hold it on seem like they would break easy. All off the ports and buttons and lights work as they should. I would buy another if I had to.

5. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

I have the Speck See Thru Satin Red for my 13" MBP. I have one piece of advice:

Get the clear non SATIN one. The Satin one discolors and scratches kind of easily. Gets dusty too.

6. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

the satin attracts dust but resists scratches much more than the seethrus

drag a key across both and you'd know what I'm talking about