mbp 15" worth buying now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fineaddme, Nov 20, 2010.

  1. fineaddme macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2010
    #1
    hi all

    i have been thinking of buying a mbp 15" base model
    but on the buyer guide it recommends not to buy now

    anyway i wanted to know if anyone here recommends me waiting to see if the update will be worth waiting for

    i already have an ipad and latest imac but i really want the portability of ipad and power of imac for school specially

    and i was thinking of buying from bestbuy as i have giftcards from birthday but do they offer the hi-res display option?
     
  2. alust2013 macrumors 601

    alust2013

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2010
    Location:
    On the fence
    #2
    Best buy does not have the hi-res as far as I know. I would wait, as it is supposed to be a decent upgrade, and you have an iMac, so you won't be without a computer until then.
     
  3. applepearpp macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2010
    #3
    I'd tell you to wait but if you need it now buy it now. get one from apple's refurbish store. the quality is as good as new and the price is about 15% off.
     
  4. qawes macrumors regular

    qawes

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2010
    #4
    Sandy bridge won't be released until 2011, and Apple will have them ramped up by april I guess.
     
  5. fineaddme thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2010
    #5
    i guess i can wait

    i have a quick question on upgrading its parts once i get one

    if i get applecare do i void my warranty in a way or void the applecare if i upgrade the ram, hdd, or add a ssd myself or would i need to buy the part and have a apple genius do it?
    (i wont be buying from apple as they overcharge for those upgrades)
     
  6. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

    wirelessmacuser

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2009
    Location:
    Planet.Earth
    #6
    I can't imagine Apple acting this quickly based on their current track record.

    In addition, as an early adopter than has many years of hands on experience, buying the latest model each time there is a processor upgrade, they usually fail to be "exciting & significantly faster" like they are advertised to be.

    I say if you _need_ a new laptop now - buy it now.
     
  7. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

    Neolithium

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2010
    Location:
    Wherever the army needs me.
    #7
    Don't worry about voiding it, unless something changed recently you should be just fine doing it yourself. Hell my Macbook came with instructions for people to upgrade their RAM or HDD. As long as you don't do it in a convertible while going through the car wash with the top down, you should be good to go.
     
  8. fineaddme thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2010
  9. sweetie81 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2007
    #10
    If you buy one now it will do all the stuff you want it to. So if you need one now you get what you want.

    I'd say buy and in some ways you've answered your question already. Yes sandy bridge will be beter because it's newer and the latest technology will be in there. However, if you need one now and feel the urge of getti one than by all means go for it.
     

Share This Page