Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zaprct

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2019
I have a new MBP 16" i9 model and I'm noticing that when I switch between two profiles without logging out, video will freeze up for about 1-2 seconds every 15 seconds. If I log out of the second account the issue goes away. I'm primarily watching Twitch, and this happens in Chrome, Safari and Firefox.

Surely this is a software issue, as the hardware is more than capable of performing these tasks (probably 100x more intensive than this, to be honest), has anyone else had this problem?

Reactions: rupindr

alfogator

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2005
Florence, Italy
I just did a quick test by using two accounts with fast user switch and played videos from youtube and twitch with safari and chrome but didn't experience any freezes in either one.

MBP 16" i9/32/5500M with 8 GB

rupindr

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2020
I have a new MBP 16" i9 model and I'm noticing that when I switch between two profiles without logging out, video will freeze up for about 1-2 seconds every 15 seconds. If I log out of the second account the issue goes away. I'm primarily watching Twitch, and this happens in Chrome, Safari and Firefox.

Surely this is a software issue, as the hardware is more than capable of performing these tasks (probably 100x more intensive than this, to be honest), has anyone else had this problem?

Facing the same issue.

shantanu.u

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2020
I'm facing the same issue. This is what I've done so far
1. Showed this issue to apple customer support in the store. Gave laptop for repair.
2. Issue still happening after I got it back a week later.
3. Showed it to customer support via screenshare
4. Got the logs - using Capture Data logs
5. Uploaded logs 2 times - apple keeps replying with new set of question - as if I have nothing else better to do
6. Since I've become a free product tester for them - I captured logs with this problem happening on safari browser
This issue happens with every streaming video - YouTube, Netflix, prime, Apple TV, etc

Disappointed . This is not expected from such an expensive product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.