MBP 17" 1920*1200 gaming benchmarks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macuser154, Jan 13, 2010.

1. macuser154 macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get a 17" MBP soon, the only thing I'm curious about is how gaming performance fares with all those extra pixels.

I've seen a few benchmarks, but they are almost exclusively run at 1024x768. I don't mind sacrificing texture quality etc. in order to run a game at native res.

So if any of you don't mind sharing some frame rates etc. with Windows games at 1920x1200 I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I played Modern Warfare 2 with 1680 x 1050 resolution and it was fairly fluent with medium to high settings. I don't know about the frame rate though, but it was more than 25fps.

3. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

I have a MBP 17" (specs in sig) and I play some Steam games (Left 4 Dead, TF2, Left 4 Dead 2) and I find that they play very well with medium to high settings. Very smooth. In TF2 I can even play with AA on and it's still smooth! I also play Fallout 3 with no AA and medium to high settings and it is wonderful!

Hope this helps,
    King Mook Mook

4. Eruanno macrumors newbie

I'd argue that Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2 are not very performance-intensive games (of course, that doesn't make them any less fun). I'd recommend running the Far Cry 2 graphics test instead, you can test it in different qualities and see what FPS you get at any time.

5. The ORly owl macrumors newbie

What's the point in playing at a high native res if your textures are gonna be low quality ?

6. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

I'd argue whats the point at playing with higher settings if you can't at native res :rolleyes:

7. macuser154 thread starter macrumors 6502

I like everything to be sharp when I'm gaming, especially with the 133DPI screen in the 17".