MBP 17' AG Pixel Pattern/Texture/Horizontal Lines?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by semiotic, May 14, 2010.

1. semiotic macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've noticed something strange on my new 17' i5 antiglare mpb – in solid dark grey areas (e.g. my background), pixels seem to alternate in colour, leading to which is a sort of pattern on screen, almost like horizontal lines. It annoys me to hell, and I was wondering if anyone noticed the same thing or if I'm just crazy? I tried to take photos, but it's really hard to capture, I attached a picture which approximates the issue, but unfortunately dosn't really represent the horizontal line effect.

Thanks,
    semiotic

Attached Files:

2. ljx718 macrumors 6502

i dont know if the camera is making it seem worse than it is, but on my 17 AG i have to get really close to the screen to even start making out the pixels, and i have extremely good vision. i also have a grey wallpaper btw.

3. semiotic thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your answer; the photo does make it seem a little worse and isn't a perfect representation of what the problem is unfortunately. i noticed that the effect can be seen in all solid colours – they don't look solid, but made up of alternating darker and lighter (very small) horizontal lines, giving them a texturized appearance. searched all over the internet but couldn't find a better description or similar problem :(

4. semiotic thread starter macrumors newbie

after some more searching, i found some documentation of the issue, and it seems to affect 17" mbp with lg screens: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=728090. Now I'm debating if I should just accept it or replace it, hoping to get another screen...