MBP 17" display become small ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by novetan, Sep 25, 2010.

1. novetan macrumors 6502

I have a 17" MBP as my main desktop, a nice change from my old 15" Window.

But everything from font size, web page pictures, all become much smaller. So everytime when I commence surfing the web, I have to pinch it bigger whereas my former 15" looks just the right proportion without having to squint the eyes. I tried setting on the next lower res but it just isn't the same. The lines are jagged and words are blurry.

For doc and spread sheet (I'm using Neo Office), I have to adjust to 150% to be comfortable in seeing. Its no big deal as I can magnify it but I'd have thought default setting of 100% should be the norm.

As for tool bar menu, I understand nothing can be changed to make the Icon bigger. I have hard time esp. for photoshop CS5, the tool bar icon is just so tiny. Not the way to go

Is it a inherent problem with high res? Has anyone using the 17" MBP having same problem as me? Can something be done?

Thanks

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

Well high res means that the resolution is higher which means that everything will be smaller. A few people have complained about it but that's high res for ya.
    You can lower the resolution but it doesn't look as nice.

3. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

You could always buy a cheap monitor for home use. I know it defeats the purpose of a laptop but it might work for you. Another solution would be to sell your 17" and get a 15" HR (1680x1050).

4. novetan thread starter macrumors 6502

I kind of regretted buying a 17" and never thought of this problem at all. Is the 15" font display size comfortable? Of course I can walk into the shop and see it for myself but it may not have the neccessary program already installed for viewing. Eg. Open Office, CS5 my main work.

5. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

15" is superbe noone has ever had to squint at my hi res 15"inch however as its a desktop replacement you might want to seek other means ? maybe an external monitor.