MBP 17" matte screen misaligned

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Simon Young, May 24, 2009.

1. Simon Young macrumors member

I received my MBP 17" matte a couple of weeks ago, and I love it. It works as it should and the unibody case is perfect (no wonky lid, crooked keys or hinge issues). However the screen is noticeably misaligned. Looking at the top edge, the right hand side is about 1mm lower than the left hand side. Of course, this means the entire screen is skewed - the same unevenness can be observed on all sides to the same degree.

At first I told myself I could live with a slightly crooked screen, but it has been bothering me more and more each time I use it. Of course it doesn't make the screen any less usable, but considering how much care has gone into the finish of the unibody design it seems silly for the screen to be wonky. I'm thinking of returning the MBP but am two days over the 14-day return period. I've needed the MBP for work so have been unable to return it previously.

Has anyone else experienced a misaligned screen? Did you keep or return it?

2. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Call AppleCare and see what they can do for you.

Got a photo to see how bad it is? 1mm doesn't sound much, but I could imagine it being noticeable enough to irritate.

3. apersianboyCOM macrumors 6502

Call Apple care and say you want a replacement on your new MBP and your not happy... they will do it no problem.
    You can also keep your laptop with you until the new one comes then send the new one by asking them to do a waiver form as its the only computer you have.

4. quackwack macrumors member

i've noticed this on a lot of the anti glare models, when my cousin picked his up a few weeks ago he went through two on the same day (opened them up in store so possibly it was a bad batch?), waited a couple of weeks and got one that was parallel but like mine its not perfectly centered. in fact every display model i've seen, none were perfectly centered.