MBP 17" network setup help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jff, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Jff macrumors newbie

Hi All,
    I am in currently trying to connect to my work network with no luck. Our office recently bought a MBP 17" and through network preferences I have added the network and password as I would on any other mac. (the mbp I use daily can connect with no issues.) On the left hand side under Airport it reads: "Self-Assigned IP" and gives me the statement "Airport has the self-assigned IP adress _____________ and will not be able to connect to the internet.

Is there anything I missed with setting up the network, or any ideas how to get it working?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You are probably being blocked by your network administrator. You should contact your IT department who can give you instructions on how to connect your personal computer to their network, if you are allowed to.

3. Jff thread starter macrumors newbie

Right now I am the IT department :p, our regular guy doesn't like working with apple products and isn't in today. This is an office computer, my personal MBP had no issues connecting just though a network name and the given password.