MBP 17'' screen protection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ann87, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ann87 macrumors newbie

Dear members,

Would you recommend screen protection for MacBook Pro?

I treat it carefully and fully understand screen protection is not going to help in case of accidents such as liquid spillage over screen etc..., however was wondering if it would be a good idea against general wear and tear/daily use.

I own a 17 inch MacBook Pro and have already got Speck See Thru case and Moshi trackpad/keypad clearguard protection for it so it is all covered apart from the screen, and the only reason I have not done that yet, is because there is no such product on the Apple website for 17 inch models, and I don't trust the rest.

I wouldn't want to buy something that will cause glare and leave sticky residues on the screen, therefore creating more problems rather than solving any, so is it necessary from your experience?

If yes, what brand do you recommend, links please!

Thanks

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Absolutely not. There's not a damn thing on the market that has offers more than it detracts. You are far better off without any sort of addition to the screen.

3. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

better off without it, all the screen protection is going to do is distort the image quality

4. Mirabella macrumors regular

No, but then – I don't put on a helmet when I go for a walk, nor put plastic covers on my couch, nor put on latex gloves to shake people's hands, either.

5. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

6. Mirabella macrumors regular

Not at all. I celebrate you for the – umm – special person that you are. ;)

7. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex