MBP 17" sleeve/case in Canada?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by skorpien, Mar 7, 2008.

1. skorpien macrumors 68020

Hey all, new Mac user eagerly awaiting my MBP due to arrive Monday, and I'd really like to have a case and/or sleeve for my new machine when it arrives. I've checked the Guide for buying sleeves and cases and I've done a search on the forums, but I haven't found quite the right information I'm searching for. I've checked out every site provided in the guide, and aside from only finding a handful of companies that make products that appeal to me, most of the shipping is outrageous (ie almost half the price of the product) or just plain not available to Canada. I live in Calgary and was wondering if there was a local alternative to buying online. I'd love to have a case with a shoulder strap that is designed specifically for a 17" MBP (fitted laptop compartment), but I wouldn't mind a neoprene sleeve/case combo either. Has anybody that lives in or around Calgary had any luck with finding such things here? I know I could go for a generic 17" laptop case, but seeing as how all other laptops are usually more bulky than the MBP, I'm afraid that it won't be a very good fit. Thanks in advance.

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

seriously teh best way woudl probably be orderign online.. check fs and bb tehys oemtimes have some nice stuff,, but you may wnat to just got o teh aple website and order form them for and exact size mbp s o you dont have to guess.

3. skorpien thread starter macrumors 68020

Thx for the suggestions, though I've tried both Futureshop and BestBuy, and both didn't have many selections in regards to 17" notebooks let alone MacBook Pros. Apple's alright, but again their 17" lineup is very scarce (not to mention the wait for it to ship). I did manage to find two options, the Targus CityGear Miami Messenger and the Tucano Work Out Case for 17-inch MacBook Pro at London Drugs, and both seem like a good solution. The Tucano case is designed for MBPs so I know it will fit properly, but the Targus has an adjustable divider to make it fit the MBP as well. I'm leaning towards the Targus as it seems to have more bells and whistles and for $10 less, but if anybody has an opinion on or experience with either bag could you let me know?

4. connoisseur macrumors member

i read that some of the mbp cases scratches the computers outer

5. skorpien thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah, I'm aware of that and from the reviews I've read, neither of those cases have that problem. Come to think of it though, that's probably another reason for me to go with the Targus, as it has a flap and no zipper to worry about scratching.