Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antmo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
All the new MBP 17" LED display references I'm seeing on Apple's site/store explicitly state the high resolution 17" screen is LED backlit, but do not for the standard resolution screen... It just seems like the way it is worded, everywhere I see the reference, doesn't necessarily extend to the standard resolution screen. Can someone point me to something on Apple's site that explicitly states the standard resolution screens on the 17" are LED backlit?

Thanks,
mjb

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
sorry I can not point....but I am fairly certain I have read that they definitely are not led......which is the main reason I think I am going high res.....now just trying to decide whether to go glossy or not.

antmo

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
ahh... i thought they were supposed to be LED as well...good to know, thanks!

mjb

engles

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
sorry I can not point....but I am fairly certain I have read that they definitely are not led......which is the main reason I think I am going high res.....now just trying to decide whether to go glossy or not.

glossy is where its at... it's apple so the glossy screen is beautiful, not clunky and un-viewable in light. they put some time into their computers and the glossy screen is gorgeous

ccroo

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
Amazon lists 17" standard res LED

Amazon has a 17" standard res with a LED screen... Is this just an error?

"Display and Graphics
The 17-inch widescreen TFT display offers a native resolution of 1680 x 1050 pixels and an antiglare widescreen display that's perfect for color-minded professionals. The display is backlit by light emitting diodes (LEDs), which gives it a lighter weight and more power efficiency than the cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFLs) which most notebooks employ. It's also better for the environment, thanks to its new mercury-free display."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013FPMXG/ref=s9_asin_title_5?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=181HJGSWYFTPRSGPVC99&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=292858901&pf_rd_i=507846

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.