MBP 17" UK Date

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by owen29051992, Jan 26, 2009.

1. owen29051992 macrumors newbie

ok, so on friday i will finally be ordering my first ever Mac. quick question: the apple store still says 2-3 weeks shipping, i will be ordering the basic 2.66ghz model with no changes apart from adding applcare. does anyone know when it will arrrive if i order this friday (30th january). i really dont want to have to wait until march to get it....anyone else here from the UK order one recently who can help me out on delivery time?

2. pyrodex macrumors 6502

pyrodex

I've seen it vary depending on the options you choose, once you've ordered it will update eventually with your ship and deliver date. From there you can judge the time for arrival.

3. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I just ordered the very system this morning, it's estimating shipping by 16th Feb, delivery around 18th Feb. In my experience though, these are total estimates, in most cases the system ships before this date unless there's a problem.

4. Vancouvercanuck macrumors member

If i am you, i would wait to see if you can use hybird sli on window XP or vista first.

5. apersianboyCOM macrumors 6502

I think I read on here that in the UK it's due on Tuesday 3rd Feb! If your just getting the base model I would just go to the store and pick one up!

6. marcussutton macrumors newbie

I work for PC World Business and we're showing that we are able to order them in for customers as the new MacBook Pro is in our catalogue.

http://www.pcwb.co.uk/catalogue/item/APMBP29

If you're popping by a PC World, go in and ask somebody in a Business Centre for an ETA on delivery. They'll be able to sort out Apple Care for you as well :)

7. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

Which specification did you choose? Default on everything or did you customise some parts and if so which bits? Thanks :)

8. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Don't waste your money buying AppleCare directly from Apple. You can get it for half the price on eBay, eg:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Applecare-War...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

9. owen29051992 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks but i will be using student discount so applecare is only £57!! great deal.. overall price is £1712 which is a pretty good discount!

so im looking at 20th feb ish if i order this week i think which i will just wait for even if it kills me! cant wait! :)

10. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

How did you get that price?

When I checked the educational price it was £226!

http://store.apple.com/uk-edu/product/MA515ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2Mg&mco=MjIzMTA0MA

11. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I went for the default spec (2.66GHz, 320GB 5400RPM HDD etc) along with AppleCare. I tend to find any modifications tend to increase the time to ship, so I went for defaults as I plan to upgrade the HDD at a later date.

12. owen29051992 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeh it has to be added as a bundle with the laptop when you purchase (on the screen when you have the option to upgrade to bigger HD, more RAM etc., at the very bottom applecare student is there for £57) so unless you buy the new laptop with it i dont think it can be purchased seperatly!

also...just checked the uk store, it now says shipping 7-10 business days!

13. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Well, I bought 2 MacBook Pros (for my student sons) a fortnight ago, and even as a bundle the price quoted was £226 per laptop.

Just checked again, and it's the same:

http://store.apple.com/uk-edu/configure/MB604B/A?mco=MzA3MTEzMw

I'm baffled as to how you got it for £57!

14. Gloor macrumors 6502a

£57 is for qualified schools. HE etc. Regular student doesn't have that price.

15. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

That explains it.

Phew! I thought I'd missed out on a fantastic bargain! :)

16. rogerram macrumors regular

The Store in UK & USA says shipping in 7-10 working days so I make that Wednesday 4 February to Monday 10th for shipping. Because I 'lost' a week through modifying my order on 10th January to get the 57 pounds (where is that pound sign!) education discount, my shipping date is now 10th for delivery on 18th. I hope they sort the pre-orders prior to the store orders-otherwise what's the point of pre-ordering? Here's hoping....

17. yegon macrumors 68020

Ooh, the wait must be killing you! I bought a 15" last week (not because I was impatient for the 17", I've long been after a 15"). I was going to buy it on Monday in cash (I don't do credit cards and my debit card was - annoyingly - mislaid a few days earlier) but I forgot I could only withdraw £800 a day! Grrr, this meant I spent all Monday and Tuesday fidgeting, scratching myself in rude places, unable to focus. I was fine prior to the Monday, but once it's almost in your grasp and tantalizingly close....oh dear, its very frustrating.

18. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

I just checked the UK store this minute and these are the dates for delivery:

Stock Machine:
    - 7-10 business days
    Changing Processor to 2.93GHz:
    - 7-10 business days
    Changing Hard Disk to 320GB 7,200RPM:
    - 7-10 business days
    Changing Both the CPU to 2.93GHz and HD to 320GB 7,200RPM:
    - 7-10 business days

When I checked these things this morning it was 3 to 4 weeks for the 2.93 Upgrade so it appears this afternoon they have changed it and it doesn't mater what options you pick it'll all ship the same :)

I'll probably go with the 2.93GHz + 320GB 7,200RPM upgrade.

19. rogerram macrumors regular

My shipping date has not changed from 10th February with delivery on 18th (ordered on 13 January), so I called the Apple store for more information. I was advised that they deal with pre-orders first & there was a good chance that the shipping date, I guess that bit of a crystal-ball gazing estimate, could be brought forward. I'm hoping that, based on Apple's 7-10 current shipping estimate, that could be next Wednesday 4 February & that would be great. Apparently the only change they'll make to my order details online will be the shipping date and then they'll send me an email.
    I was interested in the pre-ordering process-never done it before-bought my first-ever Mac, a 24" iMac direct from an Apple store with a demonstration booked & that was a lot simpler.
    Hope this is useful info & I still think you'd perhaps get one quicker if you spent the whole of next week lurking around your local Mac store & stalking their Macbook Pro deliveries!!!
    All the best.

20. apersianboyCOM macrumors 6502

Ordered mine on the 10th Jan, it still says on my order status that will ship on 9th Feb, estimated delivery on 18th Feb! I hope it comes quicker :D