MBP 17" update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by artivideo.nl, Oct 25, 2008.

1. artivideo.nl macrumors 6502

When will there be a new MBP 17" with faster buss, faster processor, video card and new design tough with a mat screen !!!!!!!! If it takes ages than I might by a windows notebook and choose for Edius5 in stead of FCS2 :(:(:(:(

2. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

We don't know any better than you do.

I'd never heard of Edius before, but having looked it up FCS seems like much better value for money.

3. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Was updated 11 days ago, so I'd say sometime in April next year.

Just buy it now, theres nothing wrong with the current model.

4. artivideo.nl thread starter macrumors 6502

Not really, no new design, no fast bus, max processor available in the Netherlands is 2.6 and not 2.8, no speedier video card. So the only reason to buy a 17 inch would be the larger "mat" screen but I want the other things as well. Only update 11 days ago in the 17" was bigger drive (BTO).

5. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Comes with a larger drive standard and more RAM standard.

Unless they got held up with the new model and are going to push it out a month later, and the spec boost was just temporary. But that would be bad marketing and would piss off quite a few people to update a product then update it again 1 month later. Again they could do this, they did something like this before with the iPhone and gave old users in store credit.

Also if you want to wait for a new design you can pretty much say goodbye to a matte display unless you buy a current model.

The next lot of chips from Intel is due out in April, with mobile Nehalem chips coming a few months after, so possibly no update until Q3 2009.

I'd cut your losses and buy the 15" Macbook Pro, most of the owners on here say that the screen is far better than the old matte screen. And for things like colour correction etc. Notebook screens are crap, be it matte or glossy.

The 2.4ghz 15" + a 20" Cinema Display or S-IPS Dell Monitor would be an excellent buy, and would save you $200 and give you a FAR BETTER screen for Final Cut.

6. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

5 januari 2009 10 o'clock AM San Fransisco time

7. artivideo.nl thread starter macrumors 6502

the 17" has HD resolution. If the 15" would have it I would buy that one since it is more postible.