MBP 17inch backpack

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kristina7, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Kristina7 macrumors newbie

I just got a 17inch MBP for university this past August, and the North Face backpack I currently have does not fit it(the Isabella is what I have now). I wanted a new backpack (preferably north face , but I am open to other options) that will be able to hold my 17 inch MBP and some other books. I have a laptop bag that I use for travel, but when I carry it to the library of my school it weighs down my shoulder because it is a messenger bag and is hard to carry with my computer in it, so I was looking for a backpack that I could hold it in so I wouldn't have this problem.

2. monokakata macrumors 68000

monokakata

I've carried a MBP 17 in a North Face Surge, and even in a Booq Vyper XL2 sleeve, it fits in the dedicated laptop slot. True, with the sleeve it's tight. Without the sleeve, it's an easy fit.

3. Kristina7 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks! I was looking into the surge, I kept hearing mixed things though about it. I don't have a sleeve but I have a plastic hard case on it. I am planning on going to a store to find the surge and see how it fits so I can be sure I am satisfied with it.

4. hajime macrumors 68030

You can try the Incase backpack. I have an old version. It was a bit heavy after I put the 3kg laptop in it. It seems that over the past year, they have reduced the weight a bit.

5. Kristina7 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have looked at some other backpacks, there was a Hurley backpack on the apple site that got great reviews so that is a possibility. I was looking at the North Face Borealis II as well. It says on zappos.com that it can fit most 17 inch laptops, but other reviews say that it won't fit a 17 mbp while others say it can. I definitely need to go down to a store and see this for myself.

6. hajime macrumors 68030

You need to try it out yourself. I have found two bags that say would fit at most 16" but they fits my MBP 17". One fits tightly and the other fits with small space.

7. randomrazr macrumors 65816