MBP 2.16 C2D vs. 2.33 C2D????

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jayeskreezy, Apr 25, 2007.

  1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2005
    #1
    I've been sold on the MBP instead of the MB due to the sleekness and the keyboard is just easier to type on. Now, the 2.16 C2D is about $400 less and every penny counts for me.

    So I was wondering if running apps like FC, FCE, or photoshop will make a difference if I get one of the two?
     
  2. zioxide macrumors 603

    zioxide

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2006
  3. iW00t macrumors 68040

    iW00t

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Location:
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    #3
    If you are really as tight as you say you'd wait for the next update...

    Can't wait? Need it now? Need mobility? Well no offense but sucks to be you then ;)

    The apps you named are all rather demanding applications.
     
  4. pianoman macrumors 68000

    pianoman

    Joined:
    May 31, 2006
    #4
    obviously the more power you have, the better the apps will run. but you're not going to see a dramatic loss in performance from the marginal decrease from 2.33 to 2.16.
     
  5. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2007
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    #5
    A lot of those applications require tons of power but I don't think it's worth an extra $400 when they really perform similarly.
     
  6. iW00t macrumors 68040

    iW00t

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Location:
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    #6
    Just wanted to add that if you do not need portability, you can get a Mac Pro for a bit over what the top 15" MBP costs.
     
  7. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2006
    #7
    Wouldn't a maxed out macbook be a better option if moneys tight?

    Great choice in t-shirts btw, i love threadless!
     
  8. Martin C macrumors 6502a

    Martin C

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2006
    Location:
    New York City
    #8
    I'm no video editor, but I can't even imagine trying to use Final Cut on a Macbook. :eek:
     
  9. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

    dartzorichalcos

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2007
    Location:
    Atlantis
    #9
    Here are some benchamarks.
    Note: The benchmarks are near the bottom of the page.
     
  10. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2005
    #10
    Well, I am strapped for cash b/c I would like to purchase FCP. I'm sure FCE will be ok considering I'm running v2 right now on a g4 mac mini. My point is that any of these would be a huge upgrade from a g4 1.5 mini.

    Anyway, $400 could easily buy me FCE and procare with change leftover. Also, I'll eventually be putting 2gb of ram in the computer and I wont be running these simultaneously.

    Thanks for those benchmarks....they help.
     
  11. siurpeeman macrumors 603

    siurpeeman

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2006
    Location:
    the OC
    #11
    maybe you could buy refurbished. when the macbook pros are updated, i'd imagine c2d mabooks to be affordably cheap.
     
  12. tristan macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2003
    Location:
    high-rise in beautiful bethesda
    #12
    Yeah, wait for the update and then pick an an older refurb model. You'll save big time.
     
  13. iW00t macrumors 68040

    iW00t

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Location:
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    #13
    If I'm strapped for cash I'd "borrow and steal" the software first and buy it later. Sacrificing hardware for the sake of software licensing is never really a wise choice.

    Of course, waiting for the next update is always good :)
     

Share This Page