MBP 2.2 issues Resolved! - UPDATE!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aerove, Oct 30, 2008.

1. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

Hey everyone! i've got a 2.2 mbp since september last year.. I have this issue with my superdrive . IT JUST DOESNT READ DVD's :mad::mad:( its a LG DRIVE BTW ) i mean, when i first got it it was great.. then slowly it stopped reading homemade dvd's . Now it absolutely rejects every dvd.. even the RECOVERY DVD which apple shipped with my laptop!!:(:(:(:( . Also , one more issue i've been is with the display ( or is it the graphic card issue ?? ) to the left side you can see a thin green line appear... i dunno whats causing it but it lasts for a long time and disappears ..sometimes i have to move the screen to a diff angle to make it go... I absolutely love my mac ! but with these issues .. i want to know how soon can they be resolved. I stay in clemson ,SC .. so the nearest apple store is in Atlanta! ..so i was wondering , if a go to the genius bar,, will they replace the dvd drive then and there and return my laptop to me ? i cant afford to leave it with them as , being a comp science grad student , i cant live without a comp.

Also , if they ARE actually gonna take it in for repair , can i ask them for a loaner laptop until mine is fixed? or is there any other way ? any advice would be deeply appreciated.

OH, and by the way , my mbp is protected under applecare.

2. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

You shouldn't be having these issues. the DVD drive should be replace under AppleCare.

As for the screen, it can be a loose cable or the graphics card. Apple can run some diagnostic tests to figure it out. However, it sounds like a loose cable.

I doubt about a loner laptop. It doesn't hurt to ask, but I wouldn't think they would give you one. Maybe if you ask nice enough though.

3. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

Thanks for your quick reply! so do you think they'll be able to handle the replacement instantly ? cause i'll again have to drive over all the way to collect it. ( and i'll have to hire a car to do that! ) .. and its not fun!

Also, has anyone ever got a loaner laptop.. please do write about your experience and suggestions..

BTW i've posted the screen pics here..

Attached Files:

4. spgiva macrumors regular

spgiva

If travel to the apple store is a problem call Apple care they will send you a box to ship your computer in, then they will diagnose it and either repair or replace it. If the problem sounds like one that has to be replaced, you MAY be able to convice apple care to send you a replacment computer before you ship your old one back. Some folks have had luck with this, other have not.

good luck
    -spg

5. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

I concur. Call AppleCare and see what they say. My experiences with them have all gone very well. They are usually very, very helpful.

If you tell them your situation about being a computer science graduate student, they might by sympathetic. (I feel your pain. I'm an IS graduate student.)

1-800-MY-APPLE. Call them and let us know what they said.

Like I said, make sure you are very nice to them.

6. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Did you ever call AppleCare?? What did they say?

7. aerove thread starter macrumors 6502

aerove

hey everyone! so finally i had time to take my mbp over to the Computing center ( laptop support ) they also have a apple guy over there. So the guy was so cool.. he took in the laptop and checked the screen and dvd drive ( of course i had to leave it there cause they had a backlog of about twenty macs waiting to be looked at ) so my issue status was updated online sayin they are gonna replace both the parts . The best part is they also gave me a loaner MBP to use as long as my laptop takes to get fixed :D:D:D