Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prism

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2006
sweet...great input guys, keep it up. there are loadza people from my college who are considering the 2.2 version since $600 extra for a small percentage boost isnt ideal for us college students...

Geez, where do you get the "smal percentage boost" from? Barefeats??? Just told you that on today's games, it makes a huge difference! Enough said!

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Hello all,

is there a huge performance difference here? How many in fps? because in canada its 1999 for 2.2 and 2699 for 2.4 which is a huge cost gap. I wanna play team fortress 2 and crysis at medium settings at 1280x800...will it be close to each other in performace? Thanx

I played World of Warcraft on this 2.16GHz machine with 1GB of memory and the 128MB VRAM. I had no problems except for places where I think it was just an overload of people (Shattrath City) clogging their end. I really jacked up the graphic settings and had no problem most of the time.

I would recommend the $1999 model (you can get a $200 discount if you're a student) and spend the extra $700 on a third-party RAM upgrade or maybe getting the 200GB 7200rpm hard drive. You'll still have an extra $400, which you could drop on Time Capsule or something. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.