MBP 2.4 rebooting in XP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dul311, Sep 26, 2008.

1. dul311 macrumors newbie

Hey all..

My Macbook Pro just suddenly starting rebooting every time the fans start kick on. I didn't have any issues before.

If I run any application which is rendering, the fans will kick on and then 5 minutes later, it will randomly reboot. I haven't noticed this behavior in OSX yet.

I was thinking of re-installing bootcamp to make sure none of my drivers are screwed up. I recently installed Bootcamp 2.1 but it caused some funny GPU behavior so I un-installed it.

Anyone else have any experience on this?

-Thank you

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Your computer is overheating when rendering. You might want to try using smcFanControl to set your fans to a high minimum speed before you reboot into Windows.

3. dul311 thread starter macrumors newbie

What troubles me is that everything was running fine a week. I haven't done anything differently. The only thing I did do is install input remapper but then deleted it. My guess is that something got corrupted. At the moment, I am deleting and reinstalling bootcamp 2.0.

4. sash macrumors 6502a

sash

Hi,

When overheated, it normally freezes, so I'd look somewhere else.

sash

5. dul311 thread starter macrumors newbie

I reinstalled Boot Camp but that didn't do the trick.

This is something that just suddenly started happening.

I guess I will reinstall XP before taking a trip to the mac store.

6. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

good luck getting ANY type of support @ Apple for Windows issues.

It may very well be a hardware issue on the Mac, but if it doesnt do it in OSX, then they will just say "tough cookies"

7. Bill&Rose macrumors member

I am having the same problem only on a 20 inch iMac. I installed Windows XP Home with service pack 2.

I also have Windows XP Home with service pack 2 on my MacBook Pro and it runs fine, no problems at all, just on the iMac it will reboot all by its self.

Even if Windows XP is just sitting and doing nothing on the iMac it will just do a reboot.

Specs are iMac 20 inch with the 2.66 intel chip, 4 gigs of Mushkin ram with the 320 gig hard drive.