Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rewes

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Ok, time for final decision. I can't make up my mind which one of these two should I get.

A) MBP 2.53, 4gb, 512vram, 320gb@7200rpm
or
B) MBP 2.4, 4gb, 256vram, 500gb@7200rpm

I would upgrade the option B myself. After the upgrade the option B would still be around 215€ ($300) cheaper than the option A. If I would go with the option B would I be loosing out in performance? I think the processors are pretty similar, what makes me think is the extra vram in the option A. Is that usable for anything else than gaming? I have a PS3 for gaming so that wouldn't be an issue. I'm gonna keep this machine for at least 3 years so I don't want to buy anyting that I would later on regret.

Thank you!:D

EDIT: I just found this thread. Explaines the vram difference very well: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/581139/

SuperSnake2012

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
NY
The difference in processor speed is negligible at best... I'd personally pocket the extra cash and get the 2.4.

Rewes

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Ok, thanks! That's what I think I will do then. I guess the 256mb difference in vram is't going to affect me that much, as I'm not going to play any games on it.

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
May I suggest upgrading the HD yourself? You'd have a spare HD to use in a case, and still probably spend less.

Rewes

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Thank you all so much! I will order the option B, my first Intel Mac, right after the Philnote.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.