Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twynne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 21, 2006
London, UK
With every Mac I've purchased over the last several years I always pay the extra for the top spec processor at the time. With this upgrade, however, I'm questioning the value. What does everyone think - is the faster processor worth an extra £210? And would it really be that noticeable in day to day use? What about resale value in a couple of years time?

Cheers,

Tom

marvel2

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
In day to day mundane tasks, there will be little to no difference. If you plan on keeping the notebook for a long time and not sell every time a new MBP comes out, I opt for the top specs.

Even the last gen MBP with the 2.6 processor is still fast even with the launch of the newer MBP's.

twynne

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 21, 2006
London, UK
Well, given that they've only just been announced I thought it unlikely that that specific question would have been answered.

How many posts have you wasted complaining about the topic - you've posted twice in the other thread and once in this one. Don't you have better things to worry about? :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.