MBP - 2 Different Loading Screens

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by allanibanez, Nov 7, 2008.

1. allanibanez macrumors regular

A few days ago when i started my MBP, the start up screen was the traditionl grey apple on white background with a horizontal progression bar. Since then the startup screen is the grey apple on white background with the circular progression bar which just spins round.

Anyway else had this / know what its about?

I should add that the horizontal progression bar was the second time i ever turned the machine on, so after it had been turned on for the very first time and s/w updates were downloaded from apple.

2. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

i think that generally the startup screen with the horizontal progress bar is a firmware update. (hence occurring after software update?)

the "normal" start-up is the circle wait icon.

3. Crash1234 macrumors regular

I don't think I've ever seen my mac start up with a horizontal loading bar. It usually has nothing or the circular thing. But then it could be b/c of an update or something. I never pay that much attention when my computer is starting up after an update.

4. Mercellus macrumors regular

When the Mac OS X "boot" screen with the Apple logo shows a progress bar instead of the usual pinwheel, it indicates that the computer is updating the firmware.

5. allanibanez thread starter macrumors regular