MBP (2006) connected to older Studio Display.. need help

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lindsayanng, Sep 1, 2009.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

Ok.. so i am REALLY new to all this monitor stuff. I have always had "package deals" where I never really needed to worry about the connections on my monitors working.. or i've had imacs.

Anyways.. i have a MBP that I would LIKE to have hooked up to an older Apple Studio Monitor.

Now, I know that the MBP video card does NOT supply power to the monitor, and that this monitor NEEDS power to come from that cable (the monitor does not have a separate power plug)

So i know i need some type of converter that will send power to my monitor.. WHAT IS THIS CABLE??

I have read about the AT-DP200 but the more i read, the more confused I get.. At first i thought it was right.. but then im starting to think this does the opposite.. that its for older computers and newer monitors. or is THIS what i need???

I DONT KNOW!! Please point me in the right direction.. I just need to know what will work.. I REALLY want to get this set up..

thanks

2. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

The Amazon link is the correct one, you need DVI to ADC adapter. It works fine (I used it a long time ago with a powerbook connected to a studio display), but I believe they are hard to come by now.