MBP 2008 Fully updated fresh installed starts up in 5-6 mins and trackpad problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mantecon, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Mantecon macrumors newbie

Hi! This is my second day of looking for an answer and im confident you guys can help me out.

I purchased my macbook pro about 9-12 months ago, at first it would start up in less than 40 seconds and shutdown constantly in 3 seconds. Now days it takes roughly around 5-6 minutes. On top of that the track pad gestures pinch in and out is not working thus if i want to make a image bigger or smaller, or even make the letters of what I'm trying to read bigger or smaller i will have to do it like a windows user would :'( thats just a shame for a $2-3k USD computer.

As is booting up, it stays in the gray screen with the apple and the gear for about 2 mins, after that the screen goes blue as if it where to go in the system interface and then ill have to wait at least 3-5 more minutes.

At first i thought it was the permissions so i repaired it, then i ran the full dx and test that "Disk Utility" has to offer. All went good yet no progress. So i figured i must have installed something that messed up my system so i went on to do a clean install of the system. And this is where i am today, fresh installed OS X ver 10.5.7, 2.4 Ghz Intel core 2 Duo processor, 2GB @ 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM with the GeForce 256 MB 8600M GT graphic card. One more thing I'm currently running a full Dx test with "techtool delux" and so far so good, ill edit this post when its done if it comes out negative anywhere.

The problems remain the same: (1) extremely slow startup (about 5mins) and (2) the trackpad gestures to pinch in and out wont work.

PD: Attached a bootlog.txt just in case someone needs it. I would appreciate any information even if its a referral ^_^ i just want to be happy again, cause this is making me feel kinda :(

Attached Files:

2. Mantecon thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the swift reply, but i think it has something to do with a system service while booting up. The reason is, i did went on safe mode (pressed shift) and it started in roughly 40 seconds. Big difference, my guess is a network connection or a graphic card issue.

Btw the "Techtool delux" report is done, it passed all the tests. :S