MBP 2010 13"-->HDMI-->No Flash??!?! (youtube, southparkstudios, etc)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by atrac7, Sep 1, 2010.

1. atrac7 macrumors regular

So I was able to hook up my MBP 13" to my Sharp 37" LCD tv. All was well and I can visit websites, open itunes and all that good stuff on the TV.

Netflix streaming works perfectly, but that is NOT flash.

However, sites like YOUTUBE that use flash video did not work! All i see on BOTH the MBP and the TV is the webpage, an outline of where the video WOULD be, but no actual video content. The sound from the clips do work. I then went to southparkstudios.com which also uses flash video, and the same scenario happened....movie sound was working, but flash video was not present on either MBP or HDMI.

I then unhooked HDMI, and all of a sudden the flash videos were working on my MBP! Any suggestions as to what is going on here?

2. sup3r1or macrumors regular

I suggest you google the problem I saw the same topic somewhere on the apple discussions forums.

However I have one question for you, is there a Mini display to HDMI adapter, because last time I was at apple shop they told me I need to buy 2 adapters, which is a pain in the a... as you can imagine.

Also does this set up supports audio or you need to separate it ?

3. sup3r1or macrumors regular

I suggest you google the problem I saw the same topic somewhere on the apple discussions forums.

However I have one question for you, is there a Mini display to HDMI adapter, because last time I was at apple shop they told me I need to buy 2 adapters, which is a pain in the a... as you can imagine.

Also does this set up supports audio or you need to separate it ?

4. atrac7 thread starter macrumors regular

I have bought one MDP adapter that allows for the HDMI adapter connection. You only need one adapter. I have the 2010 MBP so the HDMI supports both audio and video, and the adapter I bought supports that as well.